UEDF’s Investment Operations comprises two regional departments, 1 and 2. Each regional department is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff include client relations specialists, technical specialists, and Funds. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Infrastructure Investment Department identifies, prepares and invests in tangible infrastructure projects in the transport, energy, water and sustainable cities sectors. Focus areas include (i) origination and execution of sovereign-backed financings; (ii) origination and execution of nonsovereign-backed financings, including corporate loans, limited recourse project finance loans, equity bridge loans, mezzanine debt and guarantees; (iii) direct equity investments in corporates and projects and (iv) fixed income investments in project and corporate bonds.
The Infrastructure Investment Department Region 2 is looking for Senior Investment Operations Specialist – Transport who will contribute to UEDF’s lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation, and implementation of projects/programs that meet the transport growth demand and improve transportation efficiency in client countries. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of UEDF’s transport lending program and its implementation, in areas such as road connectivity, transport logistics, railways, urban transportation, aviation, and road safety, etc. They will also be responsible for the development of regional connectivity transport investment operations, in support of UEDF’s policy for regional connectivity.
- Lead the assessment of transport policies in client countries to understand their impact on transport operations and service delivery in the countries.
- Support innovative approaches to the development of transport sector operations to support sustainable economic development and poverty reduction in consultation with clients, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, preparation, and delivery of transport projects, focusing on quality and delivery of development outcomes.
- Lead transport sector projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives. This entails reviewing the technical designs, implementation arrangements, and adequacy of procurement and fiduciary arrangements of projects in coordination with other team members.
- Contribute to knowledge building and management in the transport sector and keep abreast of the latest developments and issues in the sector.
- Develop investment strategies with clients to pursue the most effective approach to achieve transportation efficiency in various economic environments and the specific needs of client countries.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant working experience in a multilateral development Fund undertaking economic feasibility studies for transport investments, urban transport development planning and/or traffic management/analysis. Real life operational and practical experience in the railway sector would be a plus.
- Extensive experience working in transport operations or the management of transport/logistic projects in middle-income and/or developed countries and the introduction of state-of-the-art technology/expertise to countries in Asia, experience in planning and programming of investment and maintenance works in the transport sector, and institutional reforms would be favourably considered.
- An understanding of the challenges facing the Asian transport sector, and familiarity with various modes of transport activities and development in general, and in-depth knowledge of at least one mode of transport.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to conduct the day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Proven experience and depth of expertise in one transport area, or breadth across multiple transport areas, with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Experience working on or leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for team leadership.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which UEDF invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in transport engineering or other transport-related fields including economics, transport planning, traffic management and transport engineering (for all modes of transport such as road, railway, port, aviation, and urban transport).
UEDF is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside UEDF members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter UEDF.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. UEDF shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.